5 Exercises for the best back ever. This day has finally come. We’ve gathered together all of the simplest but effective exercises for your back that you can do anywhere. You can perform the exercises while reading this article at home or even in your office.
All you need to start is a wall! The set takes less than 10 minutes per day. Don’t be lazy – these exercises can improve your posture within a few weeks! Are ready to begin?
1. The neck and head
• First, stand against a wall
• Press your back into the wall starting from your lower spine
• Press your tailbone into the wall first
• Then curve your upper back so that it doesn’t touch the wall
• Slowly roll your back over the wall
• Bend your neck forward and stretch your head toward the ceiling Don’t bring your chin too close to your collar bone. You should feel a slight stretch in the neck during this exercise.
Hold this position for at least 10 seconds. Well done! Now relax, and let’s see what you should do next.
2. The upper spine
• Stand next to a wall with your arms along your sides and palms facing your body
• Bring your elbows backward slowly until they touch the wall You should repeat it for 3 to 5 times. Don’t let your shoulders sag forward or the backs of your arms touch the wall. For a start, let’s perform the exercise for 3 times.
No rush, step by step. One. Stand next to the wall and slowly bring your elbows backward. Rest for a second, and do the same movement: bring your elbows backward slowly. This is the second time. Can you do the third time? Sure you can! Three. Remember that the backs of your arms shouldn’t touch the wall! Now it’s time to warm up the shoulders.
• Press your back against the wall
• Slowly pull your left shoulder away from the wall, pressing your shoulder blade into the wall
• Repeat for the right shoulder You should perform the exercise for 5 to 10 times. Let’s do it for 5 times today. The left shoulder, the right one. Left, right. Again left and right. Left and right. And the last time: left, right. You’re doing great! Only two exercises are left.
4. Lumbosacral region of the spine
• Press your back against the wall
• Slide your spine down the wall by slightly bending your knees
• Push your lower back into the wall by bending your back and tightening your stomach muscles
• Slowly straighten one leg at a time Make sure that your lower back is pressed tightly into the wall. Let’s repeat the exercise for 3 times. One. If you feel pain or discomfort in your lower back, you should stop doing the exercise. Two. To feel more of a stretch, you can place your hands on your hips and press down slightly while straightening your leg. And three. Well done! Finally, here’s the last one.
5. The tailbone
• Stand leaning with your back against a wall
• Your feet should be about 15 inches away from the wall
• Start pressing your buttocks against the wall bending your knees Your lower back should be pressed into the wall. Let’s repeat the exercise for 3 times again. One. Bend your knees to the extent that this is comfortable. Two. Keep in mind you shouldn’t feel any discomfort while doing this exercise. And three.
You’ve just taken the first step in improving your posture and getting rid of folds on your back. Keep performing these exercises every single day, and you’ll see the results in a few weeks!
What do you think about this? Don’t forget to rate this article “5 Simple exercises to build your best back ever” by Bright Side and share it with your friends!
Credit: Bright Side